How to create a summary page RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client who maintains several ongoing project sites using Office 365 and
    SharePoint. Each project is a separate site (sub web) containing the
    projects docs, a discussion board, group calendar and a single Project Task
    List linked to a MS Project. The issue is that he has created so many project
    sites that he doesn’t know what projects are active and which are not.

He would like me to create a “status page” at the top level of the site. This status
    page would list each project, the status of the project and a link to the project site.

I would appreciate ANY ideas on how this might be done.

Thanks in advance for your time. Steven

• Edited by smonczka Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:32 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:31 PM

Answers

• Actualy this was not an answer that would have worked.  It's a work a round but not an answer.  A real answer would have been to use a Content Rollup web part that queryied the site and pulled in the required fields. 

• Marked as answer by smonczka Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:36 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:36 PM

All replies

• I'm assuming that all of the project sites are subsites to this top level site. If so you could use the Tree View option in the Site Settings, Look and Feel section. This won't have the active or inactive status, since that would require you to flag the site in some manner.

There are a few providers that provide solutions for this, so you may want to do a search and see which ones that fits your requirements.

-victor

Be a part of the community, please remember to indicate if your question/comment has been answered or is helpful.

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by smonczka Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:36 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:43 PM
  • Actualy this was not an answer that would have worked.  It's a work a round but not an answer.  A real answer would have been to use a Content Rollup web part that queryied the site and pulled in the required fields. 

• Marked as answer by smonczka Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:36 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:36 PM