My outlook does not recieve any incoming neither send mail,its a new installation of exchange server 2016 please help RRS feed

• Question

• My outlook does not recieve any incoming neither send mail,its a new installation of exchange server 2016 please help
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hi ComsoftCom,

From your description, we know you cannot send and receive emails in outlook.

Things we want to confirm with you: 
    1. How about OWA? Any NDR returns?
    2. Does it occur for internal mail flow (i.e. send e-mail to an internal mailbox) or external mail flow (i.e. send e-mail to an external mailbox)?

Here are our suggestions:
    1. If mails cannot be transported within your Exchange server.
    a. Ensure all transport services running well in each Exchange server, for example: Microsoft Exchange Frontend Transport service, Microsoft Exchange Transport service.
    b. Use Message Tracking log to monitor the deliver process, and post the error message if it fails.

2. If you cannot send and receive email from internet.
    By default, we cannot send email to internet and receive email from internet after installing Exchange, we should configure send connector and MX record for our Exchange server. 
    To send emails to internet, we just need to configure a send connector for our Exchange server. This arctic will help you to create a send connector for your Exchange server: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj657457(v=exchg.160).aspx 
    For receiving emails from Internet, we should publish our Exchange server to internet, and create an A record and MX record in a public DNS zone. 

We  hope those suggestions will be useful to you.    

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 23, 2018 9:15 AM
  • Hi ComsoftCom,

Any update now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 26, 2018 11:31 AM