none
2008 R2 Scheduled Task GPO pushed to windows 10

Question

• Is there a way to push a scheduled task from Server 2008 R2 Group Policy to windows 10 machines on the same network?

If there is please advise me on how to do so.

Thank you in advanced.

Britten Falcher

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 5:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since "At least Windows 7" is replaced with "Windows Vista and later." I think it should also work for Windows 10.

Besides, you may check what scheduled task you want to run on windows10. Two of the actions that were formerly available in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 have been deprecated in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 and later. If you attempt to apply either the Send an email or the Display a message preference item, nothing will happen.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

You just need to choose Scheduled Task (At least Windows 7) and it should work for Windows 10 machines.

For computers that are running Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, or Windows XP, Scheduled Task preference items let you create, replace, update, and delete scheduled tasks and their associated properties.

For computers that are running Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8 and later, Scheduled Task (At least Windows 7) preference items let you create, replace, update, and delete tasks and their associated properties.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:53 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Alvin. My problem is that my 2 DC's are Server 2008 R2, the only options it gives me are:

• Schedule Task
    • Immediate Task (windows XP)
    • Immediate Task (At least Windows Vista and later)
    • Immediate Task (At least Windows Vista and later)

Will "Immediate Task (At least Windows Vista and later)" work for Windows 10 as well?

If it will work, where do I check on the client computer to see if the Task had been pushed from the Domain Controller?

-Thanks again.

Britten Falcher

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

Since "At least Windows 7" is replaced with "Windows Vista and later." I think it should also work for Windows 10.

Besides, you may check what scheduled task you want to run on windows10. Two of the actions that were formerly available in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 have been deprecated in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 and later. If you attempt to apply either the Send an email or the Display a message preference item, nothing will happen.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 3:16 AM
  • Yes, you were a lot of help. Thank you Alvin.

Britten Falcher

Friday, December 02, 2016 6:19 PM
  • Hi Britten,

I am glad to hear that the information is helpful to you.

Would you mind "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Monday, December 05, 2016 6:02 AM