none
printers policy not applying to Computers.

Question

• Hi, I have the following environment

Server:  Windows 2012 R2

Client:  Windows 10 Pro

I have set up two group, Universal Security Groups called Admin printing and Staffroom Printing.  I moved the appropriate computers into the respective Groups.  I then created two group policies also called Admin printing and Staffroom Printing.  I removed the authenticated users from the scope and added Admin printing group and staffroom printing group respectively.

I then linked the group policies to the computers OU and then set them to be enforce.  The computers do not get the policy.  If I add the authenticated users to the scope of the policy, the policy is applied to the computers.

The problem with leaving the authenticated users to the scope means when a user logs into the computer he/she gets the printer fine, but when they log into a computer in another OU, the printer follows them.  How can I avoid this?

Many thanks for the help.

Friday, August 21, 2015 9:09 AM

All replies

• Sorry just wanted to add, the printer is deployed 'per machine' only. However, this does not stop the printer from following the user around.
    Friday, August 21, 2015 9:21 AM
  • This forum is for the group policy change management tool AGPM (Advanced Group Policy Management) that is a part of MDOP (the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack) toolset. I’ll move the thread to the right place for questions about how to manage group policies.

Brandon
    MDOP for IT Professionals on TechNet

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 8:33 PM