upgrade to Windows 10 notif is back RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I even forgot that it did exist and what I did to disable bugging notification 2 years ago...

we still have a big amount of Windows 7 Pro...

Today a tech called that he sees a comp with notification to W10 upgrade.

Could it be the KB that allows it in WSUS environment? May be I approved it by mistake recently?

Could not find the kb info on web...

Trying to disable this thingy by GPO but there is no GPO settings in Computers\....\WindowsUpdate:

"Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Update" that is mentioned on couple of blogs.

Please help.

Thx.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 6:40 PM

Answers

• Hello Pob,

The KB number is 3012973. Refer to following image:

If you find them in you WSUS, just decline them to stop the pop up notificaion.

Best Regards,

Ray Jia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:07 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your information.

If you want to edit the GPO in a big amount of clients, you should go to Group Policy Management in DC:

If you only want to edit the GPO in local computer, you can use the command gpedit.msc in Run program.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to you feedback.

Best regards,
    Johnson

=====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by Johnson ZDH Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:36 AM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 2:11 AM
  • Your answer did not help :).

I am asking not about upgrading from W7 to W10.

I am asking about disabling a notification pop up that pushes to upgrade to W10.

This thing was last seeing 2 years ago.

Somebody have an idea how this pop up can leak?

I have to investigate more if really multiple machines have this pop up...

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 11:32 AM
  • Hello Pob,

The KB number is 3012973. Refer to following image:

If you find them in you WSUS, just decline them to stop the pop up notificaion.

Best Regards,

Ray Jia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:07 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:09 AM
  • Ray,

thanks for the tip...

I checked first my WSUSes... sure there are no KB mentioned (I thought may be I approved some old  KBs).

Then I checked MS Catalog... and this KB doesn't exist anymore. And it is logical.

Free Upgrade to W10 ended up 2 years ago.

I want to take a closer look on the computers in the segment where one was found.

For now I disabled the icon using registry.

Thx.

Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:07 PM