your onedrive for business files can no longer be synced RRS feed

• Question

• We have a user that I am trying to sync Onedrive for, I have just installed office 2013 as a fresh install on the laptop but when pasting the URL into the sync it brings back the error saying I am not using an up to date version of the software.

Exact error is.

"Your OneDrive for Business files will no longer sync using this application, To continue syncing your files, please use the latest OneDrive application"

Any one come across this at all and know of a reason for it and / or the fix

Adam

• Edited by AdmjW Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:19 AM Adding full error message
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• Adam,

You will probably need to try with the new OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-started-with-the-OneDrive-for-Business-Next-Generation-Sync-Client-in-Windows-615391c4-2bd3-4aae-a42a-858262e42a49

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 24, 2016 7:45 AM
  • Ethan,

Thank you that has resolved the issue.

Regards,

Adam

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:10 AM
  • When I tried to use the "latest client" I found that the OD program would not run.

Just in case this comes up for anyone else I found that a GPO had been enabled, possibly by the install of ODFB. To fix it I had to change the following setting in local GP management- Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive > Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage

It was set to DISABLED and should be set to NOT CONFIGURED. Then the app will run.

Hope this helps someone out there who had the same problem.

Monday, July 18, 2016 12:22 PM
  • Thank you for this tip, really helped me!

kind regards

Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Hi Adam, 

One of my customer has this issue. OneDrive For Business not able to use due the above issue and Next Generation Sync Client does not allow to Select SharePoint Libraries. it just sync the Personal files. there is no way they could choose libraries in Team Sites to sync, neither Next Gen or One Drive for Business Clients are usable at the moment, any thoughts ?

Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:30 AM
  • Same problem here except 3 PCs allow syncing, 12 more do not. All Windows 10 machines. All have the new sync client. Have tried all Group policy configurations. This is what we got O365 for and IT DOESN"T WORK! :(

Somebody please help!!!!!!!

Thanks, Mike

• Edited by mgzien Friday, July 7, 2017 8:52 PM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 8:51 PM
  • mgzien,

It seems to have a registry hack to get it working with SharePoint Libraries. i'm going to try this out, may be you can too and let me know the status here.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Enable-users-to-sync-SharePoint-files-with-the-new-OneDrive-sync-client-22e1f635-fb89-49e0-a176-edab26f69614?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

Saturday, July 8, 2017 5:48 AM
  • Nice Manoj, nailed it.
    Monday, July 24, 2017 3:46 PM
  • Glad it helped MrMJLogan,

By the way, the latest OneDrive setup does not require this registry hack. Only requirement is to have the following OneDrive setting to be enabled in the O365 Admin Portal.

• Proposed as answer by CWagz Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:04 AM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:22 AM
  • I've had to use the preview reg key to get this working on some of my machines

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=827743

hopefully Microsoft will catch up and release a fix for the problem shortly

• Edited by BanannasUK Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:39 PM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:39 PM