none
Deleting browsing history on AD using GPO but want to prevent deletion of form data new users in domain RRS feed

• Question

• Dear sir,

I have implemented GPO  of deletion of browsing data on exit in ACtive directory. after implemented this Group policy, user form data is also deleted. I want to keep the form data of user. One more point, after implementing this policy, old user form data is not deleted but for new users of domain, it does not give option to save username and password option.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

"I have implemented GPO  of deletion of browsing data on exit in ACtive directory"

do you mean you have enabled the setting "Empty the Temporary Internet Files folder when the browser is closed" (see the Advanced tab of Internet Options)

You will find the settings for Deleting browser history under

Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Delete browsing history

in GPEdit.

Normally for public assess workstations you would use kiosk mode or InPrivate mode to protect user privacy and prevent them from saving personal information (form data, passwords etc) on the local profile.

You can implement InPrivate mode with a desktop link. (iexplore.exe -private [url]) and remove the taskbar shell with GPO so that they cannot launch IE or other webbrowsers in normal mode.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

Rob^_^

Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:50 AM
  • Thanks for reply.

Sorry I can't elaborate my question in detail in previous thread

Yes I have configured Delete Browsing history using GPO with exclusion of Form Data and password. 

Path: Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Delete browsing history

My application has been deployed on http, recently we have deployed it on https. I have also enabled prompt  to save password.  It does not prompt the user to save password in internet explorer.

waiting for prompt reply.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

It is unclear to me what you what to achieve. From your description...

"I have implemented GPO  of deletion of browsing data on exit in ACtive directory."

It sounds like you are setting up a kiosk application?

Can you tell us why you want to delete the browsing history on exit? What is the purpose of the user profile you are creating? viz: corporate kiosk, workstation profile, public kiosk.

It is unusual to delete browsing history on exit on corporate workstations.

If you are setting up a 'kiosk' application (a computer with limited shell and web browser functionality) then you should use InPrivate browsing mode. Create a desktop lnk file with iexplore.exe -private [url]. InPrivate mode deletes the users browsing history and form data, preventing other users from piggy-backing on their sessions.

Form autocompletion is turned off by default (for new users). You can use GPO to force it on and to prevent users making changes to their Internet Options. But if you are using InPrivate mode in a kiosk application, it makes no difference as it is turned off.

2. It does not prompt the user to save password in internet explorer.

...check you internet options.... by default it is turned off. You can use GPO to force it on (always).

your web form must have the following in the submit event handler.

try{window.external.AutoCompleteSaveForm(this);}catch(e){};

Include links to problem websites with your questions.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

Rob^_^

Friday, February 9, 2018 7:21 PM