how to enable drilldown in chart of SSRS 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created a matrix report and along with it i need to create a chart with drill down functionality(ssrs 2005)

I want to see sales first year wise,when i click on that i shoul be able to see sales quarter wise and on click of chart i need to see sales month wise.

I have created my matrix report using cube,and wanna create chart in same designer page with cube,

i have already use the concept of ACTION (go to report) but i want that on year click i should remain on same page(same report,but chart with  sale based on quarter) but i should be able to see sales of quarter and similarity on click of chart on quarter i should be on same report with same report but chart with monthly sales

Please Help me fast

I am in gr8 need  of this solution

Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Mushtaq308,

If you are using PerformancePoint Services , decomposition tree as an interactive arrangement of bar charts that makes it easy to explore contribution relationships. It provides an effective alternative to the “Drill Down To” feature in analytic charts. While in Reporting service 2005, I think we can only utilize the ACTION(Go to r eport) to achieve this function effect, it is not a elegant method, but we can achieve the drill-down function through jumping to different reports.

If you just have one level drill-down, you can make use of JavaScript to open another window in the same page to achieve this. Generally, you should use the "Jump to URL" option for a textbox, it will redirect to the specific URL in the same browser when the user clicks on the textbox. To open the link in a new window, you can use syntax similar to this:

="javascript:void window.open ('http://servername/reportserver?/freportfolder/ReportName&Parameter1=" & Fields!Field1.Value & "& Parameter1=" & Fields!Field2.Value & "&rs:Command=Render','_blank','resizeable=1,toolbar=0,status=0,menu=0,top=20,left=20,width=740,height=730')"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Friday, June 25, 2010 10:54 AM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 5:04 AM

All replies

• Hi

I have created a matrix report and along with it i need to create a chart with drill down functionality(ssrs 2005)

i have already use the concept of ACTION (go to report) in my Bar char,but i want that
     As we drill on the bars, the category grouping on the chart should change from year to quarter and from quarter to month,on same report with out navigating to other report,MEANS i should be able to see sales on Y-axis  years wise then on drill quarter wise and on drill month wise (I am working on ssrs 2005 reorting service,so please provide possible steps in ssrs 2005 )

Please help me

Thank in advance
    I am using cube to create report and wanna use same cube to create chart with drill functionality

• Merged by Challen Fu Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:06 AM Duplicated case
    Friday, June 18, 2010 1:43 PM
  • Hi Mushtaq308,

If you are using PerformancePoint Services , decomposition tree as an interactive arrangement of bar charts that makes it easy to explore contribution relationships. It provides an effective alternative to the “Drill Down To” feature in analytic charts. While in Reporting service 2005, I think we can only utilize the ACTION(Go to r eport) to achieve this function effect, it is not a elegant method, but we can achieve the drill-down function through jumping to different reports.

If you just have one level drill-down, you can make use of JavaScript to open another window in the same page to achieve this. Generally, you should use the "Jump to URL" option for a textbox, it will redirect to the specific URL in the same browser when the user clicks on the textbox. To open the link in a new window, you can use syntax similar to this:

="javascript:void window.open ('http://servername/reportserver?/freportfolder/ReportName&Parameter1=" & Fields!Field1.Value & "& Parameter1=" & Fields!Field2.Value & "&rs:Command=Render','_blank','resizeable=1,toolbar=0,status=0,menu=0,top=20,left=20,width=740,height=730')"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Friday, June 25, 2010 10:54 AM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 5:04 AM