Bad Image error message RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install a program called Desktop-Reminder2 (by polenter software) on one of my computers. I have successfully installed it on 2 other computers but the last one will not install properly. I keep getting an error message coming up. I have contacted Polenter and they are baffled and can't help (even although they designed the program). I have run sfc/ scannow but have no idea what I am looking for. The strange thing is that I have searched the other 2 computers for this 'mswstr10.dll' and it doesn't appear anywhere. I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction as to why this should be happening on only one computer. I have installed it as Admin, have closed anti-virus etc down before installing. Everything I can think of that might have an affect on the installation. Any ideas?
    Friday, November 2, 2018 5:57 PM

All replies

• mswstr10.dll is not part of Windows 10, so must have been installed by some other software.
    Seems to be part of Microsoft Jet, used to connect to Access Database.

The download of the current version of Desktop-Reminder2 does indeed not contain this file,
    so I wonder you installed.

You could rename the file and see what happens.

Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:39 AM
  • I have the paid version of Malwarebytes running in the background all the time
    Saturday, November 3, 2018 5:00 PM
  • Where would I rename the file? It isn't actually installed on the computer. At least, not it the destination noted on the error message
    Saturday, November 3, 2018 5:02 PM
  • Try to uninstall your program from control panel and restart computer.

Install the latest version and check again.

Because mswstr10.dll is not part of Windows 10, and you are a paid user, you’d better ask software support directly for help.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 5, 2018 7:29 AM