none
ie10 favorites and comand line will NOT work RRS feed

• Question

• favorites are there but will not work ..  must cut & paste from Properties into another browser  .. ie10's command line will not respond to any cut & paste entered  .. is there a fit it for this issue ???
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:17 AM

Answers

• favorites are there but will not work ..  must cut & paste from Properties into another browser 

.. ie10's command line will not respond to any cut & paste entered

Are you implying that you could type what you are pasting and use that successfully instead?   If so, it would suggest some kind of characterset problem in your Favorites .URL file.   Then a possible workaround would be to paste first into a Notepad window and then Copy from there and then Paste into the IE Address bar (Alt-d, Ctrl-v).

Also, you could be more specific about "from Properties".   E.g. there is an infrequently occurring symptom apparently caused by users' AV (or similar security product) which inexplicably erases the URL tab from .URL Properties dialog (in fact, the URL= line from a .URL file).   So, if you were seeing that it would explain why you could not use Favorites normally.   Then I guess another workaround possibility would be to drag the Favorite to an open Notepad window, and copy the URL from there.

FWIW I have occasionally seen an instance of a paste of a properly coded URL not working but it is usually attributed to a problem with incompatible Clipboard format and worked around using the Notepad idea given above.  Also, to be clear it is always the Paste which does not work, e.g. I don't think I have ever seen a Paste put an apparently properly code URL into the Address bar and then not be able to use it with an Enter.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:51 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• I think you'll have to explain the issue better. We cannot answer your questions now.

1. What are you trying to do?

2. How are you trying to achieve this?

• Edited by Ricadelic Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:12 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:12 PM
  • favorites are there but will not work ..  must cut & paste from Properties into another browser 

.. ie10's command line will not respond to any cut & paste entered

Are you implying that you could type what you are pasting and use that successfully instead?   If so, it would suggest some kind of characterset problem in your Favorites .URL file.   Then a possible workaround would be to paste first into a Notepad window and then Copy from there and then Paste into the IE Address bar (Alt-d, Ctrl-v).

Also, you could be more specific about "from Properties".   E.g. there is an infrequently occurring symptom apparently caused by users' AV (or similar security product) which inexplicably erases the URL tab from .URL Properties dialog (in fact, the URL= line from a .URL file).   So, if you were seeing that it would explain why you could not use Favorites normally.   Then I guess another workaround possibility would be to drag the Favorite to an open Notepad window, and copy the URL from there.

FWIW I have occasionally seen an instance of a paste of a properly coded URL not working but it is usually attributed to a problem with incompatible Clipboard format and worked around using the Notepad idea given above.  Also, to be clear it is always the Paste which does not work, e.g. I don't think I have ever seen a Paste put an apparently properly code URL into the Address bar and then not be able to use it with an Enter.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:51 PM
    Answerer