User Inputs missing RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SCSM 2012 R2, HTML 5 portal /w latest update.

I am seeing an issue with a request offering that contains 18 questions. A couple of users will submit the request offering, but upon examining the user input field in the SR, only questions 1-11 made it. Input for questions 12-18 are not present. This is impacting users in the administrator role as well as some in End User roles. Other users are able to submit the RO and the user input is populated correctly and the associated Orchestrator runbook has all the data it needs.

I am curious if anyone else has seen this behavior and even better if someone knows a fix.  

Thanks,

Will P.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

there is a known bug that Optional Question are not showing up in "user Input"

This will be fixed in UR3 for the SCSM Portal.

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, April 1, 2016 4:25 AM

All replies

• Hello,

According to my understanding, this issue only happen to some users not all, in my point view, it may be caused by the input data is not proper when then are filling those questions.

Would you please check what is the difference between their inputs?

In addition, would you please also enable tracing by modify web.config file.

Here is the link for your reference for enable tracing, please read the Enable Tracing part of the article:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/hh914195.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:57 AM
  • I have an update here. I take back what I said about different users. The behavior described below is the same for all users.

First, we can consistently reproduce this problem. In our set of questions for the RO, questions 10 and 11 are "query result " prompt type so a user can select AD Security Groups. They are optional. If question 10 has nothing selected, question 9 will be the last response in the user input. If 10 is answered, then it will be the last response in user input. If 10 and 11 are both answered, all subsequent questions to 18 are all appropriately filled out in the user input.

I believe there is some sort of issue now with Optional query result prompts that prevents all the user input from making it into the SR if the optional prompt has no selection.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

there is a known bug that Optional Question are not showing up in "user Input"

This will be fixed in UR3 for the SCSM Portal.

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, April 1, 2016 4:25 AM
  • Perfect answer. I'm glad it is known and getting fixed.
    Friday, April 1, 2016 6:35 AM