The server is unwilling to process the request! RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone give me some guidance on why this error keeps coming up when trying to create users with orchestrator runbook.

Error below,

The server is unwilling to process the request.

Exception: DirectoryServicesCOMException
    Target site: DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges

Stack trace:
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges()
       at Microsoft.Accelerators.ActiveDirectoryCore.Internals.SafeDirectoryEntry.CommitChanges()
       at Microsoft.Accelerators.ActiveDirectoryCore.LdapUser.CreateNew(ISafeDirectoryFactory factory, DistinguishedName distinguishedName, String samAccountName)
       at Microsoft.Accelerators.ActiveDirectoryCore.LdapDirectory.CreateNewUser(DistinguishedName distinguishedName, String samAccountName)
       at Microsoft.Accelerators.ActiveDirectoryCore.LdapDirectory.CreateNewUser(DistinguishedName distinguishedName)
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.IntegrationPack.ActiveDirectory.Execution.CreateUserExecutor.CreateExecutionObject(ILdapDirectory ldapDirectory)
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.IntegrationPack.ActiveDirectory.Execution.AExecutor.Execute()
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.IntegrationPack.ActiveDirectory.Execution.ActiveDirectoryProgram.ExecuteProxy(ExecutionProxy proxy)
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.IntegrationPack.ActiveDirectory.AActiveDirectoryActivity.Execute(IActivityRequest request, IActivityResponse response)

Thanks,

Cameron

Monday, April 25, 2016 1:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

This error occurs due to wrong DN value.

Please make sure the path is correct.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I am certain i have the right DN value.

In Orchestrator i have the DN name in both the step and the IP.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:53 AM
  • Hello,

in the "Create User" Activity you need to specify a "Container Distiguished Name" if you don't set a "Configuration Default Parent Container" in the Prerequisite Configuration Settings of the Active Directory IP.

Regards,

Stefan

Visit go2azure.eu and my blog at www.sc-orchestrator.eu !

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 7:32 PM
  • Hi @Stefan, It helped me to run the runbook successfully. Thanks. Though the runbook was completed successfully, newly created user account isn't getting enabled. any idea why it is?
    Sunday, August 23, 2020 11:43 AM
  • Hi,

the "Create User" Activity creates a disbabled user. It shout be followed by the "Enable User" Activity.

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Sunday, August 30, 2020 7:01 PM