Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• i'm using exchange 2007, all of the sudden when I'm in outlook I can open anyone else's folders without authorization.
    Friday, February 21, 2014 9:21 PM

Answers

• Your account admin access over the exchange server and full access over the user mailbox.

You may be the exchange organization administrator in Exchange server 2007.

Exchange Queries

Friday, February 21, 2014 9:34 PM
  • You should bring this to the attention of your Exchange admin. Someone's made a mistake and probably given a group (perhaps "Everyone") "Receive As" permission. They may have done this at one of several places in the Configuration container in the AD.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, February 22, 2014 8:49 PM
  • Hi,

For this issue, I recommend you follow Exchange Queries' and Rich Matheisen's suggestion to check if you have these full access and receive as permission.

To check full access permission, you can run the command below.

Get-Mailbox | Get-MailboxPermission | where {$_.user.tostring() -ne "NT AUTHORITY\SELF" -and $_.IsInherited -eq $false}

To check receive as permission, you can run the command below.

Get-ADPermission "Mailbox Database Name" | where-object {$_.extendedrights -like "receive-as"} | select user,extendedrights

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:52 AM

All replies

• Your account admin access over the exchange server and full access over the user mailbox.

You may be the exchange organization administrator in Exchange server 2007.

Exchange Queries

Friday, February 21, 2014 9:34 PM
  • You should bring this to the attention of your Exchange admin. Someone's made a mistake and probably given a group (perhaps "Everyone") "Receive As" permission. They may have done this at one of several places in the Configuration container in the AD.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, February 22, 2014 8:49 PM
  • Hi,

For this issue, I recommend you follow Exchange Queries' and Rich Matheisen's suggestion to check if you have these full access and receive as permission.

To check full access permission, you can run the command below.

Get-Mailbox | Get-MailboxPermission | where {$_.user.tostring() -ne "NT AUTHORITY\SELF" -and $_.IsInherited -eq $false}

To check receive as permission, you can run the command below.

Get-ADPermission "Mailbox Database Name" | where-object {$_.extendedrights -like "receive-as"} | select user,extendedrights

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:52 AM