SharePoint Workflow Differrent Approver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I used the built-in SharePoint Workflow to approve or reject the form. The workflow has the  Approver (Manager) and it can only approved one department.

But since we have different department, each employee have its own approver from the workflow.

i.e: 

Employee from accountant department their approver will be Accountant Manager

Employee form IT Dept their approver will be IT Manager

Please  help me to create a workflow that will accomplish this task. Thanks in advance.

Monday, July 25, 2016 11:07 AM

Answers

• One solution can be create a "Departments" list, with all departments and the approval user of each department.

than you can use a lookup to this list, on each document to identify which department it belong to. with this connection, you can easily grab the correct approval user of each document, based on the selected department.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, August 1, 2016 2:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, August 8, 2016 3:22 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 2:31 PM

All replies

• One solution can be create a "Departments" list, with all departments and the approval user of each department.

than you can use a lookup to this list, on each document to identify which department it belong to. with this connection, you can easily grab the correct approval user of each document, based on the selected department.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, August 1, 2016 2:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, August 8, 2016 3:22 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 2:31 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Bruno.

You can also add a column to the list which shows the department of the related list item.

And create the workflow in SharePoint Designer as below shows:

Best Regards,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:35 AM