"Link" for user to see the vertical Add New Item view rather than the horizontal data type view RRS feed

• Question

• I need to have the user be able to one click to get to the vertical style input for a ticket request.

I have a form called CASSIST that I need to make available as the default view of the form.

How can I make that  link in the Site Contents?

I think I need it to automatically open in a new window.

Gee

• Edited by GretaF Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:28 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:27 PM

Answers

• I recreated rather than move.

Gee

• Marked as answer by GretaF Friday, December 6, 2019 2:36 PM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi, Gee,

I assume you want to make the add item form to have a vertical view of columns, like below:

I assume you are using SharePoint 2013, you can use InfoPath to create a new form with two views for end users to choose. It is not doable to add a link in the left navigation. However you can add a button in the form to change the view. If this is not what you want, please correct me.

In InfoPath, you can go the Page design Ribbon, add a new view. Then make the form layout according to your requirement with all the fields. Then put a button and add the rule to switch view when the button is clicked. 

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, December 6, 2019 7:33 AM
  • I recreated rather than move.

Gee

• Marked as answer by GretaF Friday, December 6, 2019 2:36 PM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 2:36 PM