App-V SPLA Licencing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need a definitive answer to the following question; Is App-V 4.6 for Terminal Services allowed to hosted applications under SPLA licencing when delivering via RemoteApps?

I am seeing varying sources say that either it is not allowed, it is allowed or it is allowed but only for 3rd Party software (so not the useful stuff like Office!).

Regards,

James

Thursday, December 16, 2010 1:19 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Licensing questions should always be verified with a Microsoft-licensing expert.

However, for an unofficial answer read this article;

http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/deployment/app-v-faq-3-how-is-app-v-licensed/

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by James Winterburn Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:34 PM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 10:15 PM
  • Hi Znack,

Thanks for the resource.

We contacted our SPLA supplier originally and they said no, despite evidence that it is allowed.

I have contacted a different SPLA supplier who seems to know what they are talking about. Needless to say, we will likely be changing our supplier! Seems that those "experts" aren't always the best people to speak to ;)

Regards,

James

Friday, December 17, 2010 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Licensing questions should always be verified with a Microsoft-licensing expert.

However, for an unofficial answer read this article;

http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/deployment/app-v-faq-3-how-is-app-v-licensed/

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by James Winterburn Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:34 PM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 10:15 PM
  • Hi Znack,

Thanks for the resource.

We contacted our SPLA supplier originally and they said no, despite evidence that it is allowed.

I have contacted a different SPLA supplier who seems to know what they are talking about. Needless to say, we will likely be changing our supplier! Seems that those "experts" aren't always the best people to speak to ;)

Regards,

James

Friday, December 17, 2010 9:18 AM