none
Complex task and resource scheduling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Let's say I have a project strand containing 50 tasks with 4 people to work on those tasks. 1 of those people are involved in another 20 task strand requiring 100% of their time.

For the 50 task strand, I would like the available 3 people to be getting on with tasks that do not require the unavailable person, but for all tasks that the unavailable person needs to be involved in to be dependant on the 20 task strand being completed.

Is this possible?

Cheers

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:21 AM

All replies

• Firstly I would like to understand when you mean 50 tasks assigned to 4 people and 1 of them is not available and has to work on another 20 tasks, I would like to understand if he is not available for 50 tasks why he is assigned at all. Are you using Project Server and this resource is a part of team resource? Please provide more information.

Sapna Shukla

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:33 AM
  • Why not just link the tasks for the 1 person together and the first of them to teh last of the 20 task strand?

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:05 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, this is a function available in Project.

Use resource leveling. In Leveling options, UNcheck "Leveling can adjust individual assignments on a task".

The tasks not using the busy resource will now be scheduled first as you ask.

Greetings,

Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:01 AM