none
MS Project 74-343 Certification Preparation Materials RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I am planning to take up Project 2013 74-343 Certification. But I am wondering which Training Material would be a right option?

1. Books -

* Project 2013 Step by Step

* Project 2013 Missing Manual

* Ultimate Study Guide Project 2013

2. Video Trainings -

* Project 2013 Lynda Essential Training

* CBT Nugget Series for Project 2013 

3. Online Trainings -

* Web based learning from my employer

I am pretty confused with which option would be a right choice in helping me in complete the Certification.

Also, when I checked from Microsoft site on this certification, microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam.aspx?id=74-343, I cannot find any suggested Preparation Materials.

So, can I take expert advice here from MVPs to guide me on the right approach to head forward?

Thanks

Nagaraj

• Edited by Nagaraj6 Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:29 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Nagaraj:

Ultimate Study Guide Foundations is the only book that covers the entire objective domain fo 74-343 and was recently certified as "Exam Ready" by ProCert Labs, Microsoft's contract vendor. Download the exercises, work through them, and you'll pass.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:07 AM
  • I have the MS Project 2010 version of the Ultimate Study Guide Foundations book.  How much of it is still applicable to the 74-343 exam? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:19 AM
  • atenciop --

I would recommend that you get the 2013 version of the Ultimate Study Guide: Foundations book as it includes all of the new features in Microsoft Project 2013.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, November 22, 2013 2:19 PM
  • Hi, do you know if the Kindle version is preferable or equal to the print copy of this book? Amazon sells them both for the same price - no discount for the kindle version.
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:44 AM
  • The Kindle copy is the same material as the print copy.  It's just easier to carry the kindle version when you travel.
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:14 PM
  • I'm sure it's an excellent book (in fact, I just ordered it), but it might have been good of you to mention you are one of the authors.  Perceived conflict of interest and all that.
    Friday, December 12, 2014 12:07 AM
  • Hello. I do not have access to Sharepoint and I notice that the part of the book I am up to - Project Execution - and beyond, have a number of exercises for integration with Sharepoint. The exam also tests on Sharepoint integration. Is there some way to get around this? Is there an online Sharepoint access point to complete the exercises with? 
    Friday, December 12, 2014 4:59 PM
  • You can sign up for a free trial of Office 365 which includes SharePoint online.  See:

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-business-premium

Saturday, December 13, 2014 10:32 PM