MDT Capture Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone not sure how to title this thread, but basically MDT Capture is failing.

Here are the details.  I updated my server with the latest version of ADK and MDT this morning.  Created an entirely new share.  Everything is completely clean!

I went ahead and imported a simple wim file so I would have a reference OS.  I created a Simple "Sysprep and Capture" task sequence.

After going to my VM and running lite touch, I go through the process as usual all the way to the point where I select "Capture an image of this reference" computer.  I click next and this is where it goes crazy.

It will run like its trying to get everything setup to copy PE and run sysprep, then all of a sudden it goes into a "Suspend" state where it puts the suspend shortcut on the desktop.

When I launch the suspend shortcut (or double click on it) the workstation will restart and it goes through Litetouch again, this time when I click next after the capture screen it actually runs sysprep and restarts.  All looks normal and then it fails with about 28 errors.  Most of them being Application GUID not found.  I don't have any apps on this share at all.

Any Ideas?  Ill post whatever files neccessary.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:07 PM

Answers

• How did you create the VM?  If you used MDT to create the VM, could there be/have been an unfinished TS on there in the MININT folder that it started to read? (Only reason I could think of the App GUIDs being there.)  Did you use the new boot image?  You will have to create and use that to access the new share.

LawsonT

• Marked as answer by usgrcm Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:06 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:47 PM

All replies

• How did you create the VM?  If you used MDT to create the VM, could there be/have been an unfinished TS on there in the MININT folder that it started to read? (Only reason I could think of the App GUIDs being there.)  Did you use the new boot image?  You will have to create and use that to access the new share.

LawsonT

• Marked as answer by usgrcm Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:06 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:47 PM
  • I think that was the issue.  There was a SMS* folder and a MININT folder there.  I deleted both and started the sequence again. It appears to be working now.  Thanks for you help.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:06 PM