Microsoft Office SAVE Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Running Microsoft Office vs 15.29.1 on MacBook Pro ... El Capitan 10.11.6 ... documents do not save or save as in Word, Excel or PowerPoint. When I search for created date, I see files with .plist extension. 

Printing Word doc to PDF and then export PDF back to Word saves the document. However the document needs editing because text is often stacked and bullet points turn to boxes. Cleaned up the new Word document but still not able to save or save as. 

Watching a spinning wheel when trying to save a document is not a good user experience!! 

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you get any error messages when you try to save Office documents?

Have you ever installed Office for Mac 2011 in your Mac?

In addition, I have done some research and find someone encountered the same issue and he resolved the issue by a clean uninstall/reinstall of Office. Would you try this to see the outcome? For your reference:

Troubleshoot Office 2016 for Mac issues by completely uninstalling before you reinstall

Please try this method first and let me know the result, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:00 AM