Adobe Premiere CS4 hungs on W7 RRS feed

• Question

• Adobe Premiere CS4 tends to freeze on Windows 7 64 bit on a i7 920/12Gb DD3 machine if you click on it too hastily when switching back to it through a KVM switch - it seems to need several seconds before you can start using it after the switch. It runs fine on Vista Bus 64 bit. Any explanation anyone? thanks
    Friday, July 31, 2009 10:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

I have checked the information about ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CS4 System requirements and found Windows 7 is not listed. Therefore, I suspect this software may not support Windows 7.

ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CS4 System requirements

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

At this time, please try to run the program with Compatibility Mode:

1.     Right click on the program's shortcut or executable file and select Properties.

2.     Switch to the Compatibility tab.

3.     Check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box.

4.     Click on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was made for.

In addition, you can also run this program by right-clicking on it and selecting “Run as Administrator”.

If the issue persists, please also contact Adobe for technical support.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:31 AM
    Monday, August 3, 2009 6:59 AM