Can't save Office file via network shortcut RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, first time poster here... wondering if someone might be able to help with a problem I'm having.

I have a number of W7 machines in my company and they should be fairly standard.  We have just introduced a SharePoint 2013 site and I have created a number of .url Network Shortcuts (e.g. C:\Users\first.last\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts\TeamArea.url) in place of the mapped network drives that were used previously. 

These links work when clicking to open and for most people they seem to working for saving to, however, for an unfortunate few (and for me) attempting to save to these locations tries saving the documents with the shortcut name (e.g. TeamArea.url.doc).

I've tried to compare machines and I can't see what's different.  The documents appear to save ok using Office 2013, but there are these machines which Office 2010 doesn't work as hoped with.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this or know what the cause might be?

Many thanks in advance
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hello Chris,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks,

Ethan Hua CHN
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:20 AM