none
W8 File History saving AppData? RRS feed

• Question

• Is File History really only saving files in the library? I find AppData very important to me as it includes my Firefox profiles, application settings (very important for Adobe products), etc.

If it's saving, everything is fine. What would be the alternative? Setting up File History and W7-Backup for ApPData only?

Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:48 PM

Answers

• Is File History really only saving files in the library? I find AppData very important to me as it includes my Firefox profiles, application settings (very important for Adobe products), etc.

If it's saving, everything is fine. What would be the alternative? Setting up File History and W7-Backup for ApPData only?

Hi

You can simply create a new Library named Application Data and add the AppData folder in your user account folders to the new library. This will add it to the File History.

You can do the same for any other folders that you want to include in the File History list.

Regards

• Marked as answer by ϻοϰsϯεr Saturday, September 8, 2012 10:08 AM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:38 PM

All replies

Hi

You can simply create a new Library named Application Data and add the AppData folder in your user account folders to the new library. This will add it to the File History.

You can do the same for any other folders that you want to include in the File History list.

Regards

• Marked as answer by ϻοϰsϯεr Saturday, September 8, 2012 10:08 AM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:38 PM
  • I know, but that's not what I wanted to hear ;)

Well, if there is no other way …

Thanks anyway!

Saturday, September 8, 2012 10:08 AM
  • If this is the case how do you get your outlook 2007 messages contacts etc into a library?
    • Proposed as answer by LHDesign Monday, December 24, 2012 10:57 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by LHDesign Monday, December 24, 2012 10:58 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 5:05 AM
  • If you right clik the Outlook folder, and thoose include in library ex documents then it will be backup
    Monday, December 24, 2012 11:08 AM
  • It doesn't work, I have created a new library and put appdata in it, ran filehistory and there is no appdata in my backup location.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 4:37 PM