none
Project Online - MS Project Pro 2016 Sign in Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have an office 365 set up and we had configured Project online tenant.

Now the issue is that users who are using MS Project Pro 2016 to connect to the online tenant because it prompts for Sign in details and even if you give the correct credentials the Sign in information is not getting updated. Still it expects you to sign in. This is happening with all users who are using MS Project Pro 2016.

Strangely the same users if they try connecting with MS Project Pro 2013, it prompts for sign in details, you enter the details and it lets you in and you can connect to the PWA.

I tried clearing the credentials from control panel-->User accounts-->Credential Manager    (But Did not work for me)

I notices that in Registry, The SignInOptions entry is not available under 16.0-->SignIn . Not sure if this an expected behavior. So I created a SignInOptions entry with 0 as the value   (This also did not work for me)

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sudhir

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 10:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Sudhir, I'm running both 2013 and 2016 on my system, and I don't see the sisn-in options under either 15 or 16 in the registry. Are you saying Project 2016 cannot connect PO, or that connection is possible but the sign-in information is not remembered?

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 5:23 AM
  • Hi Ben,

The sign in information is not getting register in Project 2016 and still expects me to sign in again. It does not give any error after entering sign in info (.onmicrosoft email ID and later password). But If I sign in suing company's account then it registers the sign in account. The issue occurs only when we enter .onmicrosoft.com credentials in sign in page.

But when I try connecting from MS Project 2013 it registers my sign in info (.onmicrosoft.com) and works normally.

I noticed sign in options in 15 but not in 16.

Any suggestions

Sudhir

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:52 PM