none
Event ID 1106 - The log copier for database 'DB01' could not send a log file to server 'RCI-HAS-MBX02' because An I/O error occurred

Question

• Hi Team,

I am facing one issue.

Exchange server generating Event ID 1106.and fnd the error info..

AppLogEventID: 2156

AppLogEventMessage: 

The log copier for database 'DB01' could not send a log file to server 'MBX02' because An I/O error occurred while attempting to access file 'f:\DB01Log\E01000ECF18.log' on source server MBX01. Error: File 'f:\DB01Log\E01000ECF18.log' could not be opened. Access is denied

Please help on this.

Bhaskar B

Bhaskar B Exchange Administrator

• Edited by BhaskarB Wednesday, May 9, 2018 5:26 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 5:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi BhaskarB,

According to the event, it seems to be caused by an I/O problem. 

Please check if there is any related I/O performance log, and also refer to the following blog to check the performance:

Exchange 2013 – Performance counters and their thresholds

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:42 AM
  • Hi BhaskarB,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 25, 2018 10:13 AM
  • Hi Niko,

Thanks for reply.

Actually specific log file infected by Virus so antivirus blocked to logfile.so that log file not updating on passive copy of the server.I have disabled antivirus and checked the queue as the same working fine.

sorry for late reply...thanks for help..if i have any issue i will update as the same.

Thank you.

Bhaskar B

Bhaskar B Exchange Administrator

Friday, May 25, 2018 11:18 AM