none
User account locked out in IAS Server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Windows Server 2003 stand-alone with IAS Server working as a RADIUS Server for WIFI connections.

There is a domain user account that keeps locking out randomly a few times a day.

This user account doesn't show up within the IAS server log file.

The Audit Policy is enabled in the w2k3 server for Succes, Failure and the events below comes up for every locking,

The Caller User Name is the IAS Server machine account.

I had to enable in the DCs the Netlogon debug mode to get the lock outs source, that turns out to be the IAS Server.

This is quite strange as I can't find the user account within the IAS Server log.

Could anybody clues me in on this issue?

Thak you.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 10:58 AM

All replies

• it seems to me the user is logged on to some computer with an expired password. The computer attempts to connect to wifi and thus authenticate using the users expired credentials.

Ask the user to reboot all of the computers he uses. If the problem persists, check if the user has open sessions on other machines and check the configuration of the wireless network on the client.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:17 PM
  • I restarted the ISA service an it started to record many more events than before, but not all of them.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 4:29 PM