none
Windows Vista Business will not upgrade to SP1 so I can continue to Upgrade

Question

• Hi All,

I have a lot of programs and data so I recently upgraded my Windows XP SP3 setup to Windows Vista for Business with the intent of upgrading all the way up to Win 7 and Win 10, but I cannot get Windows Vista SP1 to upgrade.  I have tried many ways including all of the fixits, through Windows update and through the stand alone.  I have also tried all of these steps, all to no avail:

You can't install updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2: KB 2509997

You receive a "0x80246002" error code when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates: KB958056

Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web site: "0x8024000B": KB958040

Error message when you try to upgrade Windows Vista to a more advanced version of Windows Vista: "Windows could not configure one or more system components To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation": KB 946078

In Windows Update, it says successful installation sometimes, but then just keeps offering the Vista SP1 update.  Please help!

Thanks very much.  I have my CBS.log and Windowsupdate.log and I can post, but don't see how to do that.   Barry

Saturday, August 22, 2015 4:32 PM