no firewall. RRS feed

• Question

• Please anybody helps me. I needed to install the virtual server to practice my MCITP excercises, since I have windows vista home , so I could not install Vitual server 2005 because of the IIS missing, So I made a partition to install a XP service pack2 on it and it works well untill I met problem about Authentication Access, and I find out that I didnt have the Firewall on the XP OS, I tried to type Firewall.cpl on run and it said " Windows can not find the Firewall. I down loaded the program to fix the registry, I have tried many things and I could not find Firewall , I wonder how is it possible? Anybody has any idea please help! Thanks in advance!
    Monday, June 22, 2009 9:07 PM

Answers

• After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows XP issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsxpitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:43 AM

All replies

• After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows XP issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsxpitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:43 AM
  • Thanks a lot Sean, I didnt realize this forum is for Vista, anyway I deleted windows XP, it really got on my nerves. Next time I will be more careful, Thanks again!
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:22 PM