none
Users don't access Project online file RRS feed

• Question

• Tried several combinations of settings so far, but users never can see the online shared file!

Shouldn't a user see a shared file when the administrator shares the Project file?

Should it be because this is a trial version?

Thanks,

IJ

Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:21 PM

Answers

• Dale,

Somehow I managed to get my users accessing the project.

Thank you very much for your support. Walking through your questions I got there.

Best,

IJ

• Marked as answer by Isio Jacob Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:56 PM
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:56 PM

All replies

• Isio --

Are you using Project Online?  How was the project file created?  In Project Web App?  Using Microsoft Project Professional connected to Project Online?  Did the creator of the project actually publish the project?  Please supply us with more information about your situation and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:08 PM
  • 1. It's Project Online

2.I  think I created and added tasks at the desktop. However the project is visible to me (admin) in Project Web App

3. Yes. I have MS Project Professional connected to Project Online

4. Yes, the project was published and it's visible to me online. However, users I added are not seeing the project.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:17 PM
  • Isio --

What security mode has been set in your Project Online?  The default SharePoint security mode setting (not recommended) or the Project Server security mode setting (highly recommended)?  If you are running your Project Online system in SharePoint security mode, I strongly recommend that you change it to the Project Server security mode to give you more control over security permissions.  Please do this before you tackle my next set of questions, as they are based on the assumption that you are using Project Server security mode.

Who are these other users?  Are they team members?  Or are they project managers?  Are these other users added to at least one of the default security Groups in PWA, such as the Team Members or Project Managers groups?  If they are team members, did you assign them to any tasks in the project?

In the Project Center page in PWA, by default, members of the Team Members group can only see the names of projects in which they are assigned at least one task.  By default, members of the Project Managers group can see all projects, but can only open their own projects Read/Write.  They can open all other projects Read-Only.

Please answer my additional questions and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, July 6, 2017 4:00 PM
  • Dale,

Somehow I managed to get my users accessing the project.

Thank you very much for your support. Walking through your questions I got there.

Best,

IJ

• Marked as answer by Isio Jacob Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:56 PM
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Isio -

Since my guidance helped you to answer your own question, would you kindly mark one of my replies as the answer?  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, July 6, 2017 7:22 PM