none
Imagex /apply [Error: 1812] c:\boot.ini Error Restoring Image "The specified image does not contain a resource section"

Question

• Created Sysprepped Windows XP SP3 image.  Uploaded using WDSCAPTURE and also tried using ImageX /Capture.  When trying to apply using imagex, receive the following:

"[Error: 1812] c:\boot.ini Error Restoring Image "The specified image does not contain a resource section"

When trying to distribute using WDS receive "The installation is cancelled.  Setup can not find the required files"

The WIM and RWM are in the correct directories.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have the same probleme ! with XP SP2 !

Any suggestions would be appreciated too !!!

Thank you
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 7:15 AM
  • I was able to resolve this issue by digging into the "Using the microsoft deployment tookit" documentation.  I added the Edition ID to my wds captured WIM and deployement is working properly.

If you attempt to import a custom image that does not have an Edition ID, the wizard fails with an error similar to the following:

Setup failed applying image F:\Deploy\Operating Systems\W2K8R2RTM\W2K8R2RTM.wim, rc = 31

ZTI ERROR – Non-zero return code by LTIApply, rc = 31.

To resolve this issue, add an Edition ID to the image by running the following command (where edition_id is the appropriate SKU ID as defined in the original factory image or in the Windows AIK, wim_file is the name of the WIM file, new_image_name is the new image name, and new_image_description is the new description for the image):

imagex /flags <edition_id> /info <wim_file> 1 <new_image_name> <new_image_description>

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:52 PM