none
RBS permissions disturb existing permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I have created different groups with different categories.

In Categories I Add projects in selected projects which one I want.

What I do I remove all projects and and apply RBS Permissions.

After apply RBS permissions some settings are disturbed . those projects which are Read only. now they are Read/Write.

I dont want to use RBS permissions . Only want to Add selected Projects in categories .

But when users created some projects they did't see in the Project Professional until and unless I add them in Category from left to right in project section.

I want If i will not use RBS and Project Manager will create new project they can see in project professional without adding in category from left to right in project section.

Monday, July 16, 2012 6:11 AM

All replies

• Leave the "The user is the proejct owner..." box checked. That way the person that creates the project will always be able to see it without you having to do anything.

Uncheck the "The project owner is a descendant..." box. This will make it so that the other members of the group that belongs to this category will only see it once you add the project to the right hand side of the list box.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Monday, July 16, 2012 6:22 AM
  • but this is not good that the project owner email me . that add my project which i am created.

if they have created they can see without i add on right side .

Monday, July 16, 2012 6:45 AM
  • If you create a project for someone else, you then need to change the Project Owner to the person you want to manage/see the project.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Monday, July 16, 2012 1:03 PM