none
Work values missing in "Assignment Timephased" Data Connection to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

a kind of strange problem: I created an OLAP cube on my Project Server 2010 - no errors - data is in the Reporting database. If I create an empty excel file, connect it to the server/database I can see some of the data, i.e. the capacity. This means for me there should not be any problem in the connection to the SQL server. If I look at the "Work" field in the "Assignment Timephased" section there is nothing in. But in the Project Reporting database I can see it in the SQL Management Studio. I do not have any clue where to look at now.

So if my post is wrong here - please feel free to move it to where it belongs ;-)

A big THANK YOU to the community for any tips or help!

M!ck

• Edited by Mick Dettmer Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:50 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Mick,

sorry for asking, but I am missing some information in your description.

You connecting Excel with the cube, using  Data - From other sources - Anaylsisi Services? You entered Server name successfully. You can find your cube, connected to your PWA Instance. You selected Assignment Timephased to get data?

If my assumptions are correct, you can check two things:

1. Server Settings - OLAP Database Management - select cube and click on Configuration: Is Buit-In measure "Work" selected?
    2. Click on "OLAP Database Name" of your cube. Check the Database Date Range, ist it Earliest project Start Date and Latest Finish Date or something different? Does a probably selected Project/Resource departments also contain data in your system? If no department is selected, there should be no impact on data you (don't) see. 

Is any of the above different from your settings?
    Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by Mick Dettmer Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:00 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Mick,

sorry for asking, but I am missing some information in your description.

You connecting Excel with the cube, using  Data - From other sources - Anaylsisi Services? You entered Server name successfully. You can find your cube, connected to your PWA Instance. You selected Assignment Timephased to get data?

If my assumptions are correct, you can check two things:

1. Server Settings - OLAP Database Management - select cube and click on Configuration: Is Buit-In measure "Work" selected?
    2. Click on "OLAP Database Name" of your cube. Check the Database Date Range, ist it Earliest project Start Date and Latest Finish Date or something different? Does a probably selected Project/Resource departments also contain data in your system? If no department is selected, there should be no impact on data you (don't) see. 

Is any of the above different from your settings?
    Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by Mick Dettmer Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:00 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

you are right - it was the selected Project/Resource Assignment ;-)

Phew - what a nice answer - THANKS A LOT!

M!ck

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:02 PM