File extensions RRS feed

• Question

• I deleted a Word doc. by mistake and when trying to recuperate it I changed by error the default of all files. All icons and files in my desktop and in my shot cuts appear to be in the same file extension and shows the same icon for all, when trying to change each file to open in the right file extension all of the icons in my desktop change for the file I am changing. How to revert the error made?

Sunday, November 6, 2011 5:05 PM

Answers

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, November 18, 2011 1:05 AM
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to know what file extension and what icon is displaying now.

Please try system restore to check the result. Or try to change the extension from Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs for a test.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:14 AM

All replies

Sunday, November 6, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to know what file extension and what icon is displaying now.

Please try system restore to check the result. Or try to change the extension from Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs for a test.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:14 AM