none
User Folder Redirect confusion RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using folder redirect since working with SBS and was told to perform this procedure by doing the following.

Go to user properties, profiles tab, in the home folder input the location of the user folder \\servername\user\username. Then Group Policy came into play, and was instructed to add a policy to redirect may documents.

Create a Domain group policy "Domain Folder Redirect Policy" for the users so the "My Documents" is redirected to the user share folder.

Out of habit I create a user template with the user home folder settings and then use group policy together, which seems to be doing the same thing. Or do I need to have both?

Do I need to be using the profile tab if we are using GP for the folder redirect?

If creating various OU's for departments is it recommended to use group policies for each OU and avoid using domain polices that apply across the all OU's?

Bart Danby
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 1:19 PM

Answers

• Group Policy is an automatic procedure rather doing it manually for ach and every user, so stick to it.
    Where Technology Meets Talent
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:19 PM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 4:50 PM