Enable audio recording after booting up OS without login RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows XP SP3. I am developing a customized GINA to record audio before authenticating the user. When I boot up the computer, it failed to start recording using waveInOpen() with specifying the USB audio device as the source device. After login, it succeeded. Then, I logout to try again. It succeeded to record audio before authenticating. However, after I reboot the computer, it failed again.

I found that some kernel drivers (e.g. kmixer, sysaudio and wdmaud) had not started after booting up the computer. And, the start type of those drivers is "3" (start on demand by Service Control Manager). Then, I changed the registry to set the start type to "2" (start by Service Control Manager automatically). Then, I saw error log using Event Viewer. The error log was generated from Service Control Manager with Event ID = 7000. The details was "無法啟動, 可能因為服務已停用, 或它沒有相關的啟用裝置". When I started by running OpenService() and StartService() API functions in my program, StartService() returned 1058 error code (ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED).

How can I enable audio recording immediately after booting up OS without login?

Friday, October 5, 2012 7:52 AM

All replies

• AFAIK services will be started before login. I think your recording application need to check the status of these service before start recording

Thanks, Renjith V R

Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:20 PM