Blackbaud Raiser's Edge won't connect to Word 2010 for Mail Merge RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running a program called Raiser's Edge on several user's computers. All computers use Word 2010. One of the computer's (a new installation of RE) is having difficulty using its mail merge function. It produces an error "Unable to execute merge because a valid version of Microsoft Word is not installed." Word is installed and is the same version the other user's have installed.

I have been through their troubleshooting: https://www.kb.blackbaud.com/articles/Article/75203 and completed all of the steps. I have called their support line and they say that it is Microsoft's issue.

I have repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled, Microsoft 2010. I have double checked the License Key. 

Any ideas what may be causing this issue?

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, please try this method:

1. Verify the user has a compatible version of Word installed.
    2. Give the user local administrator or power user rights
    3. Search for VBE6EXT.OLB and copy it into the C:\Program Files\RE7 folder

Please refer to this article:

https://www.kb.blackbaud.com/articles/Article/75203

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:00 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

If you think the reply is helpful, I suggest you mark it as answer. Other partners who read the forums with the same issue can get more information from the correct result. 

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 1, 2017 7:45 AM