none
attachment manager, zones, Server 2012 RDS

Question

• Hi,

I have an issue with opening files downloaded from shared folders or from web sites. I have GPO that defines which sites are trusted so attchment manager doesnt mark them as blocked(so the users do not have to "Unblock" them in file properties). 
     Now I dont want to use this feature anymore, so I have decided to turn off attchment manager completly in GPO by enabling "Do not preserve zone information in the file attchments", problem is that behavior is not what I would expect. I cannot open files but I even cannot unblock them, there is no "Unblock" button anymore.

Can someone please tell how to turn off this zoning completely so Windows allow all files from anywhere to open? Thank you.

P.S. When trying to open file from shared folder it just says that the file is broken and cannot be opened.(This is the case when attachment manager does not preserve zone info)

sfs

• Edited by fandango71 Monday, August 03, 2015 12:57 PM
    Monday, August 03, 2015 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, the policy Do not preserve zone information in file attachments requires NTFS in order to function correctly, and will fail without notice on FAT32.

Please try to access the file locally to see what happens.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

there is no FAT32. The error appears when we try to open file from share(which is NTFS on its local system). We can access file locally without error.

Best regards,

Pete

sfs

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 12:54 PM