none
Shutdown group policy not working during hibernation

Question

• I have a group policy that runs a task to shutdown all computers at midnight. The problem is, if the computer is hibernating it doesn't kick off at midnight, and instead runs when the user logs in first thing in the morning... which is not ideal. "Wake the computer to run this task" is set in the group policy. 

Has anyone come across a similar problem? I don't want to prevent the computers from hibernating. 

Monday, February 23, 2015 7:16 PM

All replies

• Is the computer's BIOS set to allow wake ups? If you clear the "run this task as soon as possible after a schedule start has missed", the hibernation machines should not run it after the computer is turned back on.

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

Monday, February 23, 2015 8:03 PM
  • Thanks, will try this out tomorrow.
    Monday, February 23, 2015 10:16 PM
  • So wake on LAN/WLAN is disabled, but this isn't something we can easily change across the group right now. Any other ideas on preventing the shutdown from occurring if the computer is off/hibernating?
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 6:43 PM
  • Do my second recommendation: If you clear the "run this task as soon as possible after a schedule start has missed", the hibernation machines should not run it after the computer is turned back on.

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 6:54 PM
  • if (some of) the computers are hibernating, maybe you don't need to apply your shutdown method to those computers at all?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:34 PM
  • I should have said, that checkbox was not marked, so there was nothing to clear. 

We need to computers to shutdown each night.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:20 PM