toshiba computer crashes vista every 3 to 6 months RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Toshiba satellite p205/s6307.....Windows Vista.....I purchased online it in 2007 from Circuit City. Shortly after owning the laptop the DVD burner went out. I drove 140 miles round trip to the Toshiba service center Bowling Green KY to have it replaced. Then a few months later it would not shut down. I talked with Toshiba.....they thought I was to stupid to click on shut down, so I called Circuit City. The only help they offered was to ship the computer to Toshiba, so again I drove about 120 miles round trip to Circuit City Evansville IN and they did ship it back. When I picked up the computer I saw they replaced the mother board. About a month later the computer crashed........I then paid a computer store here in Owensboro KY to fix it. They said they thought it was a virus. When I got it back from them the DVD drive would not recognize a DVD movie.......my mouse would not work. So I took it back and they tried and tried but the mouse still did not work. I finally gave up and ran a restore out of box.disc, this brought it back. I purchased another laptop a net book which runs windows xp to get on the Internet.....I thought if if did not get online with the Toshiba.....I could not get a virus (if the computer store was right in the first place) Well the Toshiba  crashed again........i used the restore out of box again and it is up and running. I go through this process about every 3 to 6 months,  I have tried installing all updates.....running a back up disc still crashed later. I have tried no updates......still crashes. I have loaded and reloaded programs........i have loaded no programs. Last week it only lasted 3 days before it crashed again. I am now running the out of box restore disc but it is not working this time. I have tried 5 times and am now still in the process of the 5th time. The first 4 times........it did not complete final configuration.
    What happens when the computer crashes it starts up it loads the icons in the task bar bottom right but when it gets to the startup programs the screen just goes black and that is it.
    I finally got tried of it and purchased a samsung with Windows 7..........i have had no problems with it other than some programs i can not print. That makes the Toshiba very important. I can create a document on my samsung then transfer the file to the Toshiba to print. Inconvenient but it works. I do not think the computer store was correct. I have talked with best buy and staples about a bootable disc which would include my programs after they were loaded. They both say that can not be done. I have stopped loading my programs unless there is something i need. I need someone who knows more about what is going on other than me and small towns computer stores.
    CAN YOU PLEASE HELP??????????
    kybluesgal

The 5th time did complete....back to out of box state

• Edited by kybluesgal Friday, December 16, 2011 5:26 AM
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:34 PM Move to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry for what you have gone through. Based on the symptom, it seems this issue is a hardware related and we can't do much on the Operating system side.

One suggestion is to make sure you have driver for the devices updated by downloading the lastest update from Tashiba downloading center or through device providers download website.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:56 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by kybluesgal Friday, December 16, 2011 5:28 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 8:37 AM
  • As stated above 

I have tried installing all updates.....running a back disc still crashed later. I have tried no updates......still crashes. I have loaded and reloaded programs........i have loaded no programs. Last week it only lasted 3 days before it crashed again. I am now running the out of box restore disc but it is not working this time. I have tried 5 times and am now still in the process of the 5th time. The first 4 times........it did not complete final configuration.

Friday, December 16, 2011 5:23 AM