lync monitoring server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have a probleme whene adding a monitoring server to lync standard edition server topology.

whene i try to publish the topology it does it succesfully and enable the topology but don't create the data base even it doesn't try to do it it stops at the enabling topology and don't go to the database creation step.

Regards

Mohamed

Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the problem was with the instance name when i have verified the instance name and also not the topology builder has created the database but when runing lync server set up program to install monitoring server it has created the database automatically;

Regards,

Mohamed

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE
    • Marked as answer by mohamedben Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:50 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:50 PM

All replies

• Mohamed,

Does the account you are using to publish the topology have rights to modify the SQL server?

Is the instance info correct?

Can you show us the exact error you get?

thanks

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:34 AM
  • Tom,

Yes the account used is a sysadmin on sql server but the problem is whene publishing the topology the topology builder stop at the enabling topology doesn't go to creating database i don't have any error message last thing is topology enabled.

thanks

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE

Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:46 AM
  •  

Right, have you tried removing. publishing, and then re-adding the monitoring server?

Just to be clear. The monitoring server reports need to be setup on the SQL reporting services, we are talking about the actual SQL databases right?

What version of SQL is hosting the monitoring server? It is a seperate server right?

If the databases didn't create the first time you added the montoring server to the topology you should have got an error?

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:19 AM
  • yes i have treid it several times but the same result.

the version is sql server 2008 entreprise edition and it's a separate server.

my problem is with topology builder t doesn't detect that i have added a new sql store wich is the sql server database it stops at the enabling topology steps without going for creating database.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:11 AM
  • Hi,

Please upgrade your SQL server 2008 to SP1.

You can download the package from this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=66ab3dbb-bf3e-4f46-9559-ccc6a4f9dc19&displaylang=en

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 22, 2011 10:31 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

I have done like you advised me but the same thing it skip or ignore the step of creating the database when publishing topology.

Regards,

Mohamed

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:56 PM
  • Hi,

Please verify you logged in as a user who is member of  the RTCUniversalServerAdmins and Domain Admins.

Also,please check if you have associated the FE pool with monitor server.

You can refer the guide in this following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg399065.aspx

Regards,

Sharon 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:33 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

Of course i'm loged as a memeber of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins and Domain Admins and i have associated the FE pool with monitor server.

I have used the guid but always the same thing when publishing the topology it skip the data base creation.

i m really lost.

Regards,

Mohamed

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:18 AM
  • Hi,

I think i have found the reason but i don't know why when publishing the topology he asks me to create the data base locally and manually on the monitoring server

but i don't know how to do it.

Regards,

Mohamed.

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

the problem was with the instance name when i have verified the instance name and also not the topology builder has created the database but when runing lync server set up program to install monitoring server it has created the database automatically;

Regards,

Mohamed

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE
    • Marked as answer by mohamedben Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:50 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:50 PM