none
DPM 2016 - Cluster - Failed to restore virtual machine RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon.

There is a problem of restoring a virtual machine back to where it was successfully saved from.

There is a cluster of 3 nodes. At all are agents of DPM, backups are normal. But, at attempt of restoration, there is a "failure of restoration".

Recovery tasks for Microsoft Hyper-V are completed. For most jobs or all tasks, the recovery of the requested data failed. (Identifier 3111)

An unexpected error occurred while running the job. Identifier 104, Information: Unknown error (0x80041024) (0x80041024).

Actually, the following happens. DPM famously demolishes the previous virtual machine from the disk, uploads a new one from the backup and actually everything.

When I try to start a virtual snap-in from the cluster, I get an error with an unknown identifier.

The question is how to overcome this mistake? I can not find information on the Internet and on the website of the microsoft. Probably that that with safety. Help, where to dig? The basic functional does not work out in the proper way.

translation with google
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 6:43 AM

Answers

• housekeeping - closing old post.

Not much to go on - Need more information / logs to help troubleshoot issue like this.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, January 6, 2020 10:57 PM