none
Cannot send email internally

Question

• Hi,

We had a ransomware issue in one of our clients, once we resolved the issue and recovered exchange servers (two Exchange 2013 CAS servers and two mailbox servers) and fixed the DAG and certificate, databases are mounted again and OWA and outlook are connecting again.

but internal mail flow, send to internet and receive from internet is not working.

I checked receive connectors and seems to me are fine, what shall I do to troubleshoot further especially for internal mail flow, as if I send from user to himself the email is stuck in drafts for OWA and wen to sent items in outlook but he never receives the message!

Monday, June 5, 2017 11:51 AM

Answers

• The issue happened because of two things:

1. MacAfee AV not configured for Exchange exclusions

2. Anonymous permissions was removed from Default receive connector of Mailbox servers

Once we configured AV exclusions, mail flow internally working and outbound email as well.

Once we checked Anonymous checkbox on the Default receive connector on mailbox servers, external incoming email started to work.

• Marked as answer by AhmadJY Monday, June 5, 2017 4:35 PM
    Monday, June 5, 2017 4:35 PM

All replies

• The issue happened because of two things:

1. MacAfee AV not configured for Exchange exclusions

2. Anonymous permissions was removed from Default receive connector of Mailbox servers

Once we configured AV exclusions, mail flow internally working and outbound email as well.

Once we checked Anonymous checkbox on the Default receive connector on mailbox servers, external incoming email started to work.

• Marked as answer by AhmadJY Monday, June 5, 2017 4:35 PM
    Monday, June 5, 2017 4:35 PM
  • Hi AhmadJY,

Thanks for your sharing, it would help other community members as well.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 8:07 AM