Access problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! im using windows server 2003 r2, but suddenly i cannot access the server using other pc on the network, but i can still ping the server. Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks...
    Friday, January 8, 2010 1:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759202.aspx

Enabling or disabling remote management in Windows Server 2008 R2

To help protect servers from unauthorized access, and before administrators can connect to a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 remotely by using Server Manager, Server Manager remote management must be enabled on the destination computer.

Before you configure a server for remote management by using Server Manager, you must enable several Group Policy settings that control Windows Firewall exceptions. Follow the steps in To set Group Policy for Server Manager remote management to verify that no Group Policy settings override configuration of the server for remote management.

• Marked as answer by Mervyn Zhang Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:48 PM
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Dewacks
      I need bit more information to understand your issue better.
       Can you tell me what and how you are trying to access on windows server 2003 R2?  Do you have Network Access Protection (NAP) deployment in your network ?

THanks
    -RamaSubbu SK
    Sorry! Microsoft doesn't own any liability & responsibility for any of my posting.
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 8:12 PM
  • Hi,

See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759202.aspx

Enabling or disabling remote management in Windows Server 2008 R2

To help protect servers from unauthorized access, and before administrators can connect to a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 remotely by using Server Manager, Server Manager remote management must be enabled on the destination computer.

Before you configure a server for remote management by using Server Manager, you must enable several Group Policy settings that control Windows Firewall exceptions. Follow the steps in To set Group Policy for Server Manager remote management to verify that no Group Policy settings override configuration of the server for remote management.

• Marked as answer by Mervyn Zhang Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:48 PM
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:38 AM