none
Prevent Connections to CAS in DR

Question

• Hello our VPN users for some reason are connecting to the CAS server in DR. It may be via webmail/owa.

Is there something I can do to make sure the CAS server in DR is not connected to? other than power it off?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hello our VPN users for some reason are connecting to the CAS server in DR. It may be via webmail/owa.

Is there something I can do to make sure the CAS server in DR is not connected to? other than power it off?

Thanks

Sure its not autodiscover they are connecting to? Check the IIS logs to see what exactly they are hitting.

Blog:    Twitter:   

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:49 PM
  • Hi,

How do you know VPN users are connecting CAS server in DR? If it's via OWA, look into IIS logs as Andy suggested.

And how do you configure internal SCP records in your environment? If you just configure internal SCP record to resolve the CAS server located in primary site, VPN users will not connect to CAS server in DR site.

You can refer to this blog for more information about Client Connectivity in an Exchange 2013 Coexistence Environment. Notice the blue users.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2014/03/12/client-connectivity-in-an-exchange-2013-coexistence-environment/

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issues now? Have you checked the IIS log?

Please let me know the results.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:39 AM