Vista "Help and Support" displays XML garbage RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but the other Vista forums didn't seem appropriate.

Recently we had Vista policies deployed on our domain.  (We are still in testing mode.)  A problem popped up when this was done.  If you have your options under the "Help and Support" set to "Include Windows Online Help and Support when you search for help", instead of getting the normal help screen, we instead get a dump of .XML code in the Help and Support window.

If we have the Help and Support settings so they don't use any online help, then the Help and Support window displays and works fine.  It's only when we have it change the settings to use online help does the dump of XML code show up in the window.

I know that it's due to the policies recently deployed since this works fine when using a 'local' user account.  But when logged in with a domain user account, the problem appears.  I spoke with the group responsible for our policies but they aren't sure where the problem is, thus I thought I would post here and see if anyone has run into this and has the magic fix for this issue.

Thanks for any help.

Keith

Friday, December 14, 2007 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hello Keith,

I just met the exact same issue as you described above, and no clue how to fix it. I have searched on google, most of the issue were referenced to Adobe Dream Weaver corrupted the association of the .xml text/xml type.

But funny part is that I never have Dreamweaver installed, and I also checked the file association is correct in the registry.

Did you get your problem solved yet? I know the post is here for more than half year and wihtout any response, and I am so desperate on this issue...so, try to see if you or someone else happen to have the solution.

Thanks in advance!

Roland
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:00 PM