ReInstall Windows VISTA RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have recently purchased a ACER 5720G note book. It came with a pre installed windows VISTA. Now I am facing some trouble with network connectivity(both WLAN and LAN). I have checked the problem with my dealer, he told me to re install my VISTA. Please tell me how ti re istall VISTA in my note book, as it is pre installed operating system, I don,t have a CD to do so.

Please help.

Emaya

Saturday, May 17, 2008 5:59 PM

Answers

• Hello Emaya,

For OEM version of Windows Vista installation issues, we are not the best support resource. Based on my experience, for Windows Vista-preinstalled PCs’ manufacturers who doesn’t provide reinstallation DVDs, they generally set a recovery partition to help customer recover the system from disaster.

To get the detailed reinstallation solution and further assistance, contact local Acer service center:

http://global.acer.com/support/service.htm

I hope the issue can be fixed soon!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, May 19, 2008 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Emaya,

For OEM version of Windows Vista installation issues, we are not the best support resource. Based on my experience, for Windows Vista-preinstalled PCs’ manufacturers who doesn’t provide reinstallation DVDs, they generally set a recovery partition to help customer recover the system from disaster.

To get the detailed reinstallation solution and further assistance, contact local Acer service center:

http://global.acer.com/support/service.htm

I hope the issue can be fixed soon!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, May 19, 2008 8:58 AM
  • I have a ACER 5580 and lost Vista all together. It came in as a Microsoft SP1 update and after

OVER 10 HOURS RUNNING ON THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE WAS CLEAR.

SOME INFO IN YOUR MANUAL WILL HELP SOME HAVE ACER disk-to-disk RECOVERY

THIS YOUR SAFE RETURN BACK TO VISTA.

MAKE SURE D2D RECOVERY IS ENABLE IN THE BIOS UTILITY

I ALMOST LOST IT ,   GOT DUMB  1. FORMAT DRIVE  2.GO GET WIN XP 3. GET NEW HARDDRIVE

BRING YOUR ACER BACK TO LIFE.   ITS A HIDDEN 10GB  GOOD LUCK

Saturday, July 19, 2008 7:10 AM