Windows XP Pro stops at start up with BSOD message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA RRS feed

• Question

• I had not used my system for about two months or so. Today, I booted the system and it froze after showing up the desktop. I disconnected the internet cable and rebooted the system. It came up ok. I then reconnected the internet cable, Windows auto update started downloading the latest updates. I installed all the high priority updates. McAfee software also installed its latest updates. I took a break for a while and when came back I saw BSOD with usual memory dumping message. I restarted the system and it started working ok. But, after a while, it shut down itself. I restarted it and it came up with the following message. I haven’t installed and new hardware. But I did install Visual Studio 2010 two months ago and used it once, VS2010 was performing slow, so I moved to my laptop and did not used desktop for two months.

Begin: BSOD Message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
    Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufactured for  any windows updates you might need.
    If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.
    Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X00000050 (OXBA4F0358, OX00000001, 0X8051B420, OX00000000)

End: BSOD Message:

Please help.

Thanks.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:26 PM