none
Windows 8.1 64-bit Installation problem RRS feed

• Question

• hello.

I try to install windows 8.1 64-bit on my notebook but I get this error on bios .

This 64-bit application couldn’t load because your PC doesn’t have a 64-bit processor .

my device is asus transformer t100ta .

my win version is 10 32-bit .

I check my device and think all thing is good .

Saturday, August 31, 2019 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Check if Virtualization Technology has been enabled in your BIOS.

For some laptop this was indeed disabled by default, enable it and clean install your 64-bit system again.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 6:41 AM
  • Hi p_yavari.

Since you're running Windows 10 32 bit, you have to perform a clean installation of the 64 bit version of Windows 8.1: are you trying to run the Windows 8.1 installation program from within Windows 10?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Monday, September 2, 2019 7:48 AM
  • hi .

this option is on in my device but still i can't install win 64-bit .

Monday, September 9, 2019 11:55 AM
  • hello 

i couldn't understand your mean but i think your answer is yes.

i try to install win 8 64-bit .

my current win is 10 32-bit.

Monday, September 9, 2019 11:58 AM
  • hello 

i couldn't understand your mean but i think your answer is yes.

i try to install win 8 64-bit .

my current win is 10 32-bit.

You cannot install a 64 bit version of Windows by starting the installation from within a 32 bit Windows version: you have to take a full backup of your data, rebooting your system using the Windows 8.1 DVD and start the Windows installation program to execute a clean installation (which implies completely deleting the actually installed OS).

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Monday, September 9, 2019 12:39 PM
  • Thanks for your answer . Yes , I know that . I try to install with flash when system is booting but then I have to option First is 64-bit installing Second is 32-bit installing When I choose first option I faced with an error ( This 64-bit application couldn’t load because your PC doesn’t have a 64-bit processor . ) And when I try second option then I could to install 32-bit version .
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:08 AM