none
Risks and Issues assigned are not showing up in PWA homepage 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

We have a standalone SharePoint site which is linked to projects any issue assigned on the Site doesn't show up on the resource PWA homepage in PWA 2010. Does anyone know why?

Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Project Help,

I doubt if there is any technet article explaining a specific reason that Guillame has rightly pointed out.

however i can help you explain that from where this Reminder webpart fetches the data, and why individual site data is not included in this webpart.

Based on Project Server mechanism, project site OOB lists such as Issues/Risks/Documents data goes to Project Server reporting database. Reminder webpart fetches data from Project Server Reporting database, using built-in stored procedures: MSP_WSS_ReadResourceIssues and MSP_WSS_ReadResourceRisks

Any other stand alone site Issues/Risks list data stays in Config databases and do not pushed to reporting DB, and hence this OOB webpart is not able to read this data.

I hope this helps explains the reason to your query.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Friday, November 14, 2014 12:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Project Help,

As far as I know, only risks and issues from the project sites (meaning created from a project publication) will show up in the PWA homepage. Standalone sites will not be taken into account.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:26 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume

do you have any document explaining above....

Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:50 PM
  • Hi Project Help,

I doubt if there is any technet article explaining a specific reason that Guillame has rightly pointed out.

however i can help you explain that from where this Reminder webpart fetches the data, and why individual site data is not included in this webpart.

Based on Project Server mechanism, project site OOB lists such as Issues/Risks/Documents data goes to Project Server reporting database. Reminder webpart fetches data from Project Server Reporting database, using built-in stored procedures: MSP_WSS_ReadResourceIssues and MSP_WSS_ReadResourceRisks

Any other stand alone site Issues/Risks list data stays in Config databases and do not pushed to reporting DB, and hence this OOB webpart is not able to read this data.

I hope this helps explains the reason to your query.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Friday, November 14, 2014 12:46 AM
  • Thank you Khurram for jumping in the thread and bringing your expertise! I mark your very clear reply as an answer.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, November 14, 2014 1:00 AM
  • Hello Project Help, A post with some technical details can be found below. The replies you have are correct but I thought some technical details / screen shots might help too. http://pwmather.wordpress.com/2012/07/13/projectserver-active-issues-and-risks-on-pwa-reminders-web-part-ps2010-sp2010-sharepoint/ Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, November 14, 2014 6:58 AM