Outlook.com link preview is showing content from a different site. RRS feed

• Question

• The link preview for a specific link is showing data from a completely different site.  The link is from a hotel site but the preview is showing something from a healthcare site. This issue is only happening for this one link and variations of this one link. Other previews for links on this site work as expected.

I have verified the default meta, OG meta and twitter meta is all correct.  It shows correctly in Bing search results as well.  The below content does not exist anywhere on this site. How can I get this fixed?

Cross posted from here, Image documentation is in the other thread as I cannot upload images here

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/outlookcom-link-preview-is-showing-content-from-a/952e3d31-a9d5-415c-926a-6a0c8daff5f0?tm=1591640818001

Monday, June 8, 2020 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Welcome to our forum. Here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client.

According to your description, it seems that you encountered issues when using Link Preview feature. As I know, the Link Preview feature is only available in in Outlook.com and Outlook on the web. Outlook desktop client does not support this feature so far. Since here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client but your question is more related to Outlook.com, I'm afraid little we can help about this. To better solve your issue, it is suggested for you to post a new thread to the Outlook.com forum for more information.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding and hope your question will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:54 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the reply.  I have posted this to the outlook.com forum as well. It is not resolved yet but I have a path forward.

If this ends up being indexed in the future the resolution is to contact Microsoft support directly using these instructions

support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-to-get-support-for-outlook-com-f5482a98-616c-4d44-b7c5-8aaaadf5c11a

1) Go to aka.ms/OutlookComHelp or select The Help Menu button at the top of your Outlook.com mailbox.

Notes:
    Help is not available in mobile browsers, but you can contact support via Outlook for Android or Outlook for iOS apps.
    If you can't sign in, go to Account support.

2) Enter your question or issue in the Search Help box on the right, and then press Return.

3) If the self-help answers don't resolve your issue, try a different search, or scroll to the bottom of the Help pane and, under Still need help?, select Yes.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 4:26 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your reply and sharing. It is suggested to continue to keep an eye on your thread in the Outlook.com forum and contact the Microsoft support of Outlook.com for help at the same. Hope your question will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 15, 2020 7:28 AM